Friday, January 10, 2014

Makeup Brushes

Hello Lovelies,

When I first started using makeup something I had no clue that people actually used makeup brushes. I also had no clue what brushes to use.
I used the sponge applicator tips that most drugstore eye shadows come with. Below is a picture of what I am talking about.


Once I started using brushes, it made my eye shadow look so much more beautiful. It is much easier to blend with brushes and gives it that nice seamless look. You can use the sponge applicator tips if you want, but I would only recommend using it for apply eye shadow that is all over the lid. I usually just throw mine out. 

I also used to apply my foundation with just my fingers, but once again,using other products helps for a much better look.

I am going to tell you about some makeup brushes that you should purchase :) All of the following brushes do not shed onto your face and are extremely soft.

I think the best brushes for a girl on a budget are the Real Technique brushes. You can find them at Ulta and Walmart. I tend to navigate towards these brushes more than Sigma brushes because I can get them in a store and don't have to pay for shipping (there are NO Sigma stores near where I live).

I would not recommend purchasing their foundation brushes, because I believe I have found some other foundation brushes that are better. BUT you should purchase their powder brush ($10), their starter set which comes with a base shadow brush, crease brush, accent brush, fine liner brush, and brow brush ($18), setting brush (for highlighting) ($8), and blush brush ($9).



If you do not have an Ulta near where you live, do not want to pay for the shipping on the Real Technique brushes, and still think they are too expensive, then the best drugstore brushes are the EcoTools brushes. You can find these at any drugstore, Walmarts, and Targets. 

I would purchase the Essential Eye set ($8) which comes with a large eye brush, angled crease brush, shading brush, highlighting brush, and smudge brush. I would also purchase their large powder brush ($8), and blush brush ($7)




Notice how I did not recommend to purchase foundation brushes? The following are the best things to use for foundation. You may splurge on these a little, but it is worth it. (you can also refer to another post of mine, here)

1. Sigma F80 Flat Top Kabuki Brush $21 
Get at Sigma's Website here 
2. BeautyBlender Sponge $20 
Get at Sephora or their website here 
You can use the rounded bottom for foundation application and you can use the pointed tip to blend out your under eye concealer. Such an amazing product. 

3. Sonia Kashuk Flat Top Synthetic Brush Professional Tools No. 4 $17
Get at Target 
I also did not recommend buying any bronzing/contouring brushes above because I really think it would be worth it to splurge on the following brush, IF you can find it. It is currently unavilable at a lot of places, but I have heard nothing but rave reviews on it. If anyone can find it, please let me know! 

NARS Ita Kabuki Brush No. 21 
for more information click here 
However, this EcoTools Brush looks quite similar, but I have not tried it
Eco Tools Face and Body Sculpting Brush ($12)


Here is another brush for contouring
Sigma F40 Angled Countour ($19) here 



Anyways, now onto Sigma brushes. I hear rave reviews about their brushes all the time. They are a little pricey compared to the last brushes I showed you, but they are still less than other high end brushes like Mac. Disclosure, I have never owned any of these brushes, but I recommend these brushes based on other beauty gurus' advice, particularly Casey Holmes.  

F86- tapered kabuki ($21) here 
for under eye conclear, foundation, blending 



F30- powder brush ($24) here



F35- tapered highlighter ($21) here 




E25- blending brush ($12) here




E36- small blending ($12) here



E55- eye shading ($12) here 




F75- concealer ($12) here 



E40-tapered blending ($14) here 


Also, if you have the money and want them all, I would look into some kits:

Basic Face Kit ($76) here 

Basic Eyes Kit ($69) here 


Complete Kit Chrome (the cheapest of complete kits) ($379) here


For more information on Sigma Kits click here 

Thanks for reading! Any questions or comments? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment