Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Do I Need a Primer?

Hello Lovelies,

Welcome! 

Many people ask me, do I need a primer? Some people believe that they do not do anything. I used to be one of those people (until I tried out the second primer on the list below). 

Now...you do not necessarily need a primer, but you do need to apply something under your foundation. This could be a primer/facial moisturizer/lotion/or bb cream.By doing this, foundation has something to stick to and will give your foundation a longer lasting holding power throughout the day. I have dry skin, so it is also important to moisturize before I apply my foundation because if I do not then the foundation will cling to my dry patches and further accentuate them. For everyday I use cheaper, drugstore, options in replacement of a primer. But if I am going out and need my makeup to be more long lasting, I use an actual primer. The following are some things I would recommend you to try!

Apply all of these with your fingers right before applying your foundation. BUT, allow the product to sit on your face for a little bit of time so it can soak in before putting the foundation on. 

The first is Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream, I use shade Medium. Now this does not necessarily accomplish all 10 things it claims to do, but it is basically a tinted moisturizer, which is great. Also, if I am not in the mood to do a complete foundation routine, I just apply this with my fingers and run. (Get at Target, Walmart, Drugstore, etc) Around $8 
For a non drugstore option, I like bareMinerals Prime Time, it makes your skin super smooth and is preservative free. I have not heard that many people talk about this primer, but I LOVE it.  (Get at a bareMinerals store, Sephora, online) $23
For everyday, I use Curel Skin Nourishing Lotion. Even though it is considered a body lotion, I still think it works on my face, without making it look too greasy. I do not use a real primer everyday, because I do not feel the need to, but this will still help give the foundation something to cling on to. I have extremely dry skin and this works really well. It is the cheapest and comes with a lot.  (Get at Target, Walmart, Drugstore, etc) Around $7 
Finally is L'oreal Revitalift Miracle Blur, because beauty guru Nicole Guerriero loves it. However, I have not personally tried it, but I trust her advice.  This one is a little bit more pricey for a typical drugstore product (Get at Target, Walmart, Drugstore, etc)  Around $25
Another one I have heard nothing but great reviews about is Benefit POREfessional (get at Sephora, Ulta, Macys) $42


I need to explore more moisturizers designed specifically for the face, any recommendations? I will let you know when I find one that I like!
Thanks for reading~
Larissa  


3 comments:

  1. Hey! I saw your comment on TiffanyD's blog and thought I'd check out your blog as I'm new to this too! It looks great :)

    With regards to facial moisturisers, you could try out Olay's Beauty Fluid. I've used it forever! It's great and really works on my skin when it gets dry. Plus, it's super light on the skin and perfect as a makeup base :)

    http://rpgsandlipstick.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the feedback I really appreciate it :)! I'll give that a try
    Do you know how to follow blogs? I checked yours out and it's great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! And thanks!

      I'm not sure. I think you have to add the person to your Google+, or you could just add them on your dashboard under the Reading List section.

      I'd like to add you, so if you have a Google+, feel free to give me the link :)

      Delete